Maxwell C. Agha is the principal, founder and guiding force behind Banker’s Hill Law Firm, A.P.C.
Maxwell is an honor graduate from Seattle Pacific University and pursued his legal career at the esteemed University of San Diego School of Law. Here, he competed passionately in moot court competitions and added his insightful voice to the school’s newspaper.
Maxwell’s dedication to the intricacies of legal research earned him a prestigious judicial clerkship where he immersed himself in the complexities of real-world legal issues. Maxwell honed his skills by conducting meticulous research, crafting compelling legal briefs, and authoring bench memoranda for judges in the California Superior Court. This hands-on experience provided him with a valuable reservoir of practical knowledge.
Upon earning his Juris Doctor, Maxwell took his talents to a civil litigation firm where he specialized in personal injury cases. His knack for deep research then led him to a significant role under the office of the Chief Prosecutor of the United States for the Southern District of California, as part of the U.S. Department of Justice. In this critical role, he tackled a wide range of legal issues, from civil cases to federal criminal matters, enriching his legal perspective and setting the groundwork for his future endeavors.
Central to Maxwell’s reputation is his unyielding commitment to advocating for victims of personal and work-related injuries. Throughout his career, he has not only just represented clients—he has fought for them, winning millions of dollars in settlements and high-stakes litigation across California’s federal and state courts. He has learned from his peers and others alike such as legendary trial lawyer Mark Lanier, where Maxwell is an alumni of the Lanier Trial Academy.
Beyond the court, Maxwell is an active contributor to the San Diego legal community. He has and continues to volunteer as an arbitrator for the San Diego County Bar Association, mediating contentious fee disputes between lawyers and clients. His dedication to his craft has made him a sought-after voice in legal circles, earning him features on numerous media platforms, including television and newspapers.
When he’s not arguing cases or analyzing legal briefs, Maxwell is a family man at heart. He is an avid reader, enjoys soccer, and shares walks with his wife. The proud father of two Afro-Latina daughters, Maxwell also finds joy in spending quality time with his family, including their beloved dog, Maui.
Maxwell is far more than just a lawyer; he is a community pillar. A generous contributor to various civic and non-profit organizations in California, he embodies Banker’s Hill Law Firm’s core mission: to tirelessly seek justice for his clients.
- Juris Doctorate, The University of San Diego School of Law, 1988
- B.A., Seattle Pacific University, 1982
Notable Accreditations and Memberships
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Admitted to the United States Court of Federal Claims
- Active Participant in the San Diego County Bar Association
- Member with the American Bar Association
- Member San Diego County Consumers Attorneys
- Member American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Leader’s Circle San Diego La Raza Foundation
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers
- Top 50 National Bar Association
- Member Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association
Recognitions and Achievements
- Garnered national recognition for his exceptional legal work.
- Showcased his expertise through appearances on CourtTV, highlighting his successful prosecution in catastrophic personal injury cases.
- CNN ESPAÑOL
- LA Daily Journal
- San Diego Union
- KSDY TV
- Milenio TV
- Imperial Valley Press